If you love Kale as much as we do, then get excited! Get creative , as we want to give you some fun ideas to play with, and all of this can be adapted to include any of your favorite oils, vinegars and sea salts.
- Wash and dry your kale leaves. (We recommend curly leaf, however the Dragon variety works great as well)
- Remove the ribs and tear into small pieces.
- Place on parchment lined baking trays (do not over crowd the leaves)
- Sprinkle with your favorite sea salt and cracked black pepper. We recommend Roasted Garlic or Applewood Smoked.
- Drizzle with a small amount of your favorite olive oil. Use sparingly as you do not want to weigh down the kale. We recommend Garlic, Lemon, Tuscan Herb or Harissa.
- Bake at 400F for about 7-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss the leaves around. Continue baking another 3-7minutes until kale is crispy like a chip, but not burnt. They brown quickly towards the end, so keep your eye on them!
- Serve and enjoy your crispy kale with your favorite bottle of wine. We recommend Bodegas Santo Tomas Tempranillo-Cabernet.
COUSCOUS KALE SALAD:
- Wash, rinse, remove ribs and finely chop your kale.
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Combine couscous and kale with all your favorite ingredients. We recommend – Raisins or Craisins, Cashews or Almonds,Red Onion (thinly sliced), Avocado (chopped), Garlic (minced) Chives, Parsley, or any other fresh herbs your heart desires. For our meat lovers, add roasted and shredded chicken.
- Toss with your favorite Olive Oil and Balsamic. We recommend – Blood Orange Olive Oil, Eureka Lemon Olive Oil,Persian Lime Olive Oil or Basil Olive Oil, with Tangerine Balsamic, Red Apple Balsamic or our NEW Juniper Berry Balsamic.
- Season with your favorite Sea Salt. We recommend – Roasted Garlic, Himalayan Pink or Chile Verde.
- Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled
- Wash, rinse, and remove ribs of one bunch of kale.
- In a food processor, combine: Kale, 2 cloves Garlic, 1/2 cup grated Aged Gouda, 2 T. Sicilian Lemon Balsamic, 1 t. Sea Salt (Himalayan Pink or Roasted Garlic), 1 t. cracked Black Pepper and 1/4 cup Olive Oil (Manzanillo, Cerasuola, Basil, Lemon or Garlic)
- Puree until desired consistency, about 45 seconds and all ingredients are well blended.
- Top on salmon, bagels, or crostinis. Use as a sauce on pizza or toss with pasta. Delicious on hard-boiled eggs and also great blended into mashed potatoes! The possibilities are endless…
WE LOVE KALE, NOW YOU WILL TOO!